Paying Court Ordered Fines
Payments for Court Ordered fines in Criminal cases, or Family Law Reimbursements may be made online using the link below. The Court accepts Visa, MasterCard & Discover for online payments. There is a 3.5% transaction fee charged for online payments.
You may look up your case using any of the following:
- Case Number
- Citation Number
- Your Full Name & Birthdate
- Driver’s License Number
After you have selected the search type, and entered the required information, click Submit.
- Please check the box next to your case number when it appears on the screen, then click Pay Selected.
- If you have made arrangements for a payment plan, you will be able to make your monthly payment. Please see the Minimum Due Amount. You can update the Amount to Pay Field if the minimum due is less than the total case balance. You cannot make a payment plan payment using a cell phone app.
- Cases without payment plan arrangements can only pay the balance in full.
- The transaction fee will be calculated based upon your total payment.
- A receipt will be provided for you to print or request by email at the completion of your transaction.
- If your transaction times out prior to receiving a confirmation, please do not click the back button or retry your transaction immediately. Please wait 24 hours before resubmitting a failed payment to prevent duplicate payments from occurring.
If you pay the full amount in error or make a duplicate payment the court cannot refund your payment or the transaction fee. You will need to file a dispute with your bank.
Please Click here to make your payment
If your case has already been referred to a collection agency due to non-payment, you will not be able to use the online payment feature. Please contact GC Services at (800) 727-5848.
Thank you for your payment.
The court accepts
- credit or debit cards (Visa, MasterCard),
- Discover cards for payments in person at the counter only.
- personal checks,
- money orders,
- cashiers checks, and
Cash is accepted only if in person.
Community Work Service
In lieu of cash payments, you may do community service in lieu of paying a criminal fine ; your fine is paid off at the rate of $10 per hour of community service.
DO NOT MAIL CASH. Checks and money orders should be made payable to “SLO Superior Court”. To ensure your payment is credited to the correct case, please include the case or citation number. All checks must include the name, address and phone number of the person writing the check.
Download and print full directions and a payment slip .
Payments can be mailed directly to the Fiscal Services Department.
San Luis Obispo, CA, 93408 USA
Additionally, traffic tickets and fine payments can be paid at Wal-Mart and certain other local retailers through the CheckFreePay Service. Below is a list of all local retailers that offer the CheckFreePay service within 50-miles of San Luis Obispo. If you live out of the area, you can search for retailers in your area that provide this service by using the Search By Zip Code option at the bottom of the page in the CheckFreePay.com website.
- · Take your courtesy bail notice or fine statement with you to make your payment
- · Fee is $0.88 - $2.50, depending upon the retailer.
- · Payments must be made in CASH
- · Payment information will be transmitted to the court within 1-2 business days..
- · We are listed as a vendor in the Wal-Mart system under the name of SLO SUPERIOR COURT