If you have been ordered to pay a fine to the Court and would like to perform Community Work Service in lieu of cash payments, you may enroll with a community work service agency.
- Each hour of work performed applies $10 towards your fine.
- You may combine work hours and payment.
- Community work service is a privilege and it is your responsibility to complete your hours timely and assure that proof of completion is reported to the Court by the due date to avoid penalties.
If you need a 30-day payment extension to make Community Work Service arrangements, or if you would like to reduce the monthly payment amount, please contact the Fiscal Services Department at (805) 781-4816 (select option 6). We cannot reduce the fine, however we can reduce the monthly payment and extend the payment period.
Delinquent Payments Incur a Penalty
Please do not disregard the due dates for your fine payments as a $300 penalty per PC1214.1 will be added to all delinquent payment plans. The Court will also refer delinquent plans to a collection company for payment.
Community Work Service may be completed with one of the following organizations. It is recommended that you contact one of the agencies listed below as soon as possible so that you have adequate time to perform and report your work service.
Community Work Service Providers
The information below was provided by the Community Work Service agencies which are not a division of the Superior Court. The policies, fees and working conditions are established by the work service providers and do not reflect the policies of the Court.
Community work service may be completed in many areas throughout San Luis Obispo County. Inter-county transfers are also available. Enrollment is by appointment only.
To make an appointment, call Pucciarelli Consulting at (805) 788-0100. You may also view their website at www.pucciarelliconsulting.com  Clients must present their paperwork along with any applicable fees when appearing for the enrollment appointment.
The City of San Luis Obispo
For information, please call the 24 Hour Hotline at (805) 781-7197. Leave your name, telephone number and amount of community service hours you are required to work. Someone will call you back to discuss the program. You may also call the office at (805) 781-7220 Monday - Thursday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and Noon.
You must call, no walk-ins will be scheduled. Hours fill up quickly, so call as soon as possible. If you were assigned mandatory "Trash Pick-up", please contact another agency to work off your hours.
HONORING YOUR COMMITMENT: Community Service is a privilege. The court will be notified and you will not be allowed to finish your hours with The City of San Luis Obispo Public Works Department if you fail to appear or if you fail to call in advance to cancel. If you are going to be late, you must call and let us know before you start work.
- Dress: Work is assisting Public Works crews and is outdoor physical work which may include bending and lifting. Please be prepared to be outside all day. You must wear long pants. No tank or crop tops. T-shirts are okay as long as there are no inappropriate words or pictures on them. You need to wear work boots or sturdy leather shoes. No sandals.
- Fee: There is a $50 non-refundable fee payable by cash only (no checks), before you are scheduled for a work assignment. Nothing larger than a $20 bill will be accepted. If the fee is not paid in advance, you will NOT be scheduled to start work.
- Transfer Hours: Public Works only schedules hours in the City of San Luis Obispo. They have nothing to do with transferring hours to another city and do not have information regarding Traffic School.
The Environmental Center of san luis obispo (ECOSLO)
ECOSLO has various types of work throughout SLO County. Types of work include assisting with trail maintenance or working at a local non profit. Participants are responsible for logging their own hours on the ECOSLO timesheet and maintaining supervisor signatures. ECOSLO reports hours bi-monthly to the Courts. Participants are responsible for returning their completed time sheet to the ECOSLO office in a timely manner. To sign up, call the ECOSLO office and schedule an apppointment. Be sure to bring a case docket or citation at sign up.
$60.00 enrollment fee (cash preferred).
805-544-1777 or www.ecoslo.org 
75 Higuera Street, Suite 100, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Fiscal Services Department
Superior Court of California
San Luis Obispo