Identity theft scam alert; details on our announcements  page.
Juror Status - via Web
Check your Juror Status on-line  - you'll need your Juror Badge Number.
Juror Status - via Phone
24-Hour Juror Status Message (recorded)
- Locally: 805-788-7060
- Toll Free: 800-834-5879
- Instructions 
- Interpreter Services 
- Locations 
- Juror Qualification 
- FAQ For Jurors 
- Trial Juror Information 
- Jury Service Exit Questionnaire 
General Jury Service Information
Jury service is mandatory. Prospective juror names are obtained from voter registration and DMV records. By law, prospective jurors are randomly chosen and because of this, we regret that we cannot accept volunteers for jury duty.
Normally, service may be required as often as once per year. Service lasts from one day to the length of the trial, starting at 8:00am and ending at 5:00pm. Business attire is suggested. No tank tops, shorts, bare midriffs, or bare feet are permitted in the courtroom.
When entering any court facility all persons are subject to screening through a security device. You will walk through a metal detector and your handbags, briefcases, backpacks and containers may be X-rayed. Weapons of any type will not be permitted into any court facility. Items such as: knives (including pocket knives), guns, stun guns, pepper spray, mace, scissors, knitting needles, corkscrews, or any item that may be used as a weapon are not permitted. All weapons are prohibited and it is a felony to bring them into court buildings. Please allow extra time for this screening process.
Often students, teachers, physicians and small business owners and others with unusual schedules think that they are exempt from serving on jury duty. We cannot exempt or excuse you; however you are eligible for a onetime postponement for up to 6 months.
Rescheduling Jury Service
Excuse or postponement request must be received by Jury Services prior to your summons date.
Jury service may be postponed one time for up to 6 months. There are no permanent excuses to jury service except verified medical illness. If you are requesting to be excused from this summonsing period, you may do so by one of the following methods:
- Online: Use our online reschedule request option. Processing takes one business day. Please check back on the next business day to determine the status of your request. Please have your juror badge number available. Reschedule Request 
- Telephone: Jury service rescheduling is available via our automated jury system at 805-788-7060. Please have your juror badge number available.
- FAX: Complete the jury affidavit attached to your summons. Include a written explanation as to why you are asking for this postponement, sign the form and fax the form to 805-781-1324.
- Mail: Complete the jury affidavit attached to your summons. Include a written explanation as to why you are asking for this postponement, sign the form and return it in the mail to the following address:
Superior Court of California, San Luis Obispo
1050 Monterey Street, Room 224
San Luis Obispo CA 93408-1000
If approved for postponement you will receive a new summons for that date or the closest one available approximately 2 weeks before your new appearance date.
Payment for Service
Pursuant to section 230a of the Labor Code, your employer cannot prevent you from serving as a juror and is not required to pay you while on jury duty. However, the Superior Court will pay you $15.00 per day starting with your second day of service, plus mileage.
Court Locations, Directions, and Parking
San Luis Obispo Superior Court is located at 1050 Monterey Street, Room 224, in the County Government Center in San Luis Obispo. MAP
From North on 101, exit Santa Rosa Street. Make a right at the light onto Santa Rosa. Make a right on Palm Street.
From South on 101, exit Osos Street. Make a right on Palm Street.
Free Juror Parking
For many years The Superior Court and the City of San Luis Obispo have provided free juror parking in the parking garage at 842 Palm Street (across from the Palm Theater). Free parking is provided only in this garage if you bring your parking ticket into Jury Services and validate the parking ticket.
Non-Free Juror Parking
A second parking garage, located at 919 Palm Street, is small and will not provide free parking for jurors. Please read the specific parking instructions on the back of your summons.
Park in the large parking garage at 842 Palm Street instead (see map below).
Do Not Park
Do not park in the garage at 919 Palm Street on the south side of Palm, across the street from City Hall and next to the County Library. If you park here you will be responsible for the parking fee.
If you park in the No Juror Parking garage your ticket will not be validated and you may be asked to go back and move your car.
Jury Services validates parking only at the parking structure at 842 Palm Street, across from the Palm Theatre.
- Take the ticket from the dispenser when entering.
- Bring that ticket into Jury Services for validation on each day of appearance.
You may park for free on the street - in a two hour or more space - only if you cannot use the garage because:
- you're in an oversized vehicle,
- you rode a motorcycle,
- or the garage is full.
These are the only reasons you will be allowed to park on the street, and only in a two hour or more space. If one of these situations does not apply to you, you may receive a parking ticket.
Place your juror parking card (located on the top of your summons) on your dashboard - the summons date and juror badge number must visible. You do not need to put money in the meter.
The summons date must be a current date. If it is not a current date, go into Jury Services and request an updated form for your dash. This updated form must be placed on your dash so you do not receive a parking ticket.
Bus Service Information
Within San Luis Obispo city limits, call 541-2877.
Outside city limits, contact Central Coast Area Transit  (CCAT).
Wireless Internet Access
San Luis Obispo jurors are now provided with free wireless Internet access during jury duty. Jurors will need a laptop with a wireless network card to access the Internet from the jury assembly room.
- The SLO jury assembly room is wireless 802.11g-compliant. This means it should work with any 802.11g-compliant device, including but not limited to Macintosh and Windows computers equipped with an 802.11g-compliant wireless networking card; we cannot guarantee any manufacturer's compatibility.
- We have not implemented encryption on our network for simplicity and performance.
- The SSID is "SLO-PUBLIC" (without the quotes). Most wireless networking software will auto-detect the SSID, but if you have software that does not detect the SSID automatically, you will need this information.
- If you cannot connect to our network with this information, you should contact your wireless equipment vendor for support.
If the recorded message instructs you to appear, report to:
San Luis Obispo Superior Court
San Luis Obispo, CA, 93408 USA
Toll Free: 800-834-5879
(map  available)
The Jury Assembly Room is located in the Courthouse Annex Building on Palm Street. Upon entering the building, take the elevator down one level (to Floor 2). Follow the signs to the Jury Assembly room, Number 224.
Please bring your summons with you when you report to jury duty and have it available during your service.